Monday, March 12, 2012

Sunday


Well once again it was a busy day from the start or should I say from Saturday night because I just could not get too sleep. I'm hoping it was because of the need to be sure and not oversleep due to the time change, but for some reason I was awake most of the night. I even tried some Valerian for a change but to no avail. Anyhow Sunday was a great worship day with our son Bobby at Element Church in Tampa. It was my turn to drive so Dan and Carol rode with us and afterwards Dan and I headed to the local nursing home where he preached a short service and I pushed wheelchairs.

I came home to help get ready for the family dinner; vacuuming the house, cutting kale, picking lettuce, cleaning and getting it ready for the salad bowl. I managed to watch part of Florida State beat North Carolina in a close game of basketball. Last night they beat Duke and tonight N.C.State. I think FSU should have a good seed in the NCAA tournament which starts this next week. I like watching college basketball playoffs but thats as far as I care to go for the sport.

Nancy made 2 huge pots of soup; Zuppa and Tortilla and they both were excellent along with a huge salad and crusty bread. GG made a carrot cake which looked a little weathered(couldn't get it out of the formed pan) but oh so tasty, that was probaly the best recipe ever. We had a full house until about 9 PM when they started leaving for home and by the time the floors were vacuumed again, table broken down and leaves put away, dishes washed and toys put away I was ready for some sleep time. Those young'uns plum wore me out but they are oh so cute and are really starting to play great together. Sam and Gabe played wonderful together and are interacting a little more each time whereas Annsley and Ava are joined at the hip. We celebrated Jill's birthday with the supper she wanted.

It was a fun, eat too much time once again and I'm glad I didn't have to drive all the way home from Tampa, especially after the lack of sleep from the night before and after eating such a scrumptious meal, LATER I guess this is the only photo she down loaded although I saw the camera going off all the time. But it is a good one.

No comments: