Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Tuesday

Well when I rode out to the rec this AM on my bike it felt like Fall had arrived, again. It was chilly well it felt chilly at 60 degrees when usually the temps are in the high 70's, Ahhh. The seasonal change in temps for Florida change almost daily, as we once again opened the windows and tuned the a/c off.

The morning except for the delicious temps was much the usual with the fowl wake up, my quiet time and a bowl of boring oatmeal with a banana and cinnamon. We had a small turn out for pickle ball of about 8 players which meant there were few rest minutes in between the games in the 2 1/2 hour workout, lots of wet shirts were evident. I pedalled home to work outside in the garden until lunch time as Nancy was leaving early to drive her mom to the rehab facility and Amy and kiddos were doing a park day with some of Ava's school mates. What a super day for that. So I did some of end of the month business transactions which didn't take long but its fun and I'm enjoying this new adventure which takes my mind off being in the mountains and all the fun stuff I do there.

Can you believe in this day and time we have no phone service with Verizon on our land line. For some unknown to us reason the phones quit working sometime Monday so I checked the interface box outside on the house and there is no dial tone from the direct line. I called and some gal in Texas said it would be back in service by the 7th of Nov., unbelievable it going to take 8 days before they can guarantee phone service. At least I have my Trac phone which we use for emergencies and for traveling especially in the mountains as our old T-Mobil cell phone was useless there; but the Trac works well there. Anyhow it a pain to not be able to receive or make calls on your land line.

The garden is doing great and I think collards will be ready for a first picking in a week or so. I picked young beet greens and added them to the salad last night with our supper of bone-in pork chops on the grill with fresh rosemary on top, sauteed yellow squash with onions and garlic in olive oil and a baked potato with fresh cilantro, (jalapeno pepper for me, as well) and sour cream, yikes was that ever a feast. After the cleanup we took a long walk through the hood until after dark. We got interested in a great old movie WE ARE THE TITANS and watched it until 11 PM.

Well not much else is going on except let me tell you about this month's business special for Amway. I'll try not to bore you but every couple weeks as an update and a reminder. This month of November is a gal's month for skin care and make up produced by ARTISTRY. Anything with that name in the company is buy one, get one Free. Yikes I was perusing that area on our shop's website and that stuff ain't cheap; but if you buy one then your actually cutting the price in half. Great sale and once again that comes from our Team Leaders only. I also learned Miss America is our spokes person for ARTISTRY.

Well the days are definitely getting shorter and will even more so in a week or so, but that means for us that we are getting that much closer to Springtime and back to the mountains, LATER

No comments: