Sunday, November 20, 2011

Saturday

Well the humidity was on the rise again with temp's in the 80's so the a/c is back on again, I know that sounds weird when just 700 miles away the temps are below freezing. We actually stayed in bed until 7:30 as we tuned the rooster out we named Sam's Buddy. He is a loud one and yesterday we saw over where Sam usually hangs out he was crowing for him as he must of missed Sam playing with, so cute.

I ate a breakfast of eggs and grits then took off for the rec for some pickle ball after my quiet time. Saturdays is for beginners and intermediates players so my neighbor and buddy Dan was supposed to attend and I was going to give him some pointers but he stayed home and cleaned the refrigerator, yikes what was that??? Anyhow I played for about an hour and helped out with some instruction and mainly just kept the ball in play which really helped them as well, they were most appreciative. I did a little elliptical and treadmill workout, enough to work up a sweat before heading home.

Nancy was spending the day with her mom and sister as they shopped for a lift chair, a shower seat and a potty chair for their dad when he comes home on Wednesday the day before Thanksgiving. We remembered a friend of ours from SFBC who does medical oxygen and he called some of his friends who are getting those items for us at cost, wow what a savings as medicare doesn't cover all of the expense. Thank you Rene.

I spoke with my dad and he sounded good as he and his lady friend are just tooling around the countryside, she sent me a recent picture of them along with their pastor and they both looked great. What a difference with his health( a triple by-pass at the age of 83) as he is very active when compared to Nancy's dad who has been very sedentary for the last 30 years.

I spent the afternoon doing a little garden work. I pulled out my beautiful radish plants and there were no radishes on the plants because I tried it once again to plant in wrong cycle of the moon. Plants that produce fruit(radishes)underground must be planted in the waning of the moon but I planted in the waxing of the moon and got no radishes but did get big beautiful lush plants. I planted gain yesterday in the correct phase of the moon in the same spot and we will see if it's correct.

Well we headed out around 5:30 for Dan and Carol's for a supper of taco salad, nothing fancy was oh so good and not real heavy except for the cheese and sour cream, afterwards we played 12 rounds of domino's and Carol obliterated us by a couple hundred points. We were back home by 9:30 and everyone was yawning, luckily we are just 3 houses down the street. Tomorrow (actually) today is corporate worship at Element Church in Tampa with son Bobby and we will get to see our grand babies there as well. They are coming for supper at our house tonight as Bobby is doing an evening wedding down by the Skyway Bridge in lower Pinellas County. We will have Annsley and Gabe so Amy and Tyler will bring Ava and Sam over for them to play with and have a pork roast supper. LATER

No comments: