Saturday, November 19, 2011

Friday

Well the day was a much nicer temperate day with less humidity, bright sunshine and a strong eastern breeze. I was up once again before the rooster next door began his morning "wake up the 'hood racket". I did my quiet moments then a bowl of oatmeal with a banana before riding out to the rec for a couple plus hours of pickle ball. Wow did we ever have some great play with some unbelievable long rallies, and by 10 AM I was ready for a break. I stopped off at the library before riding home and working in the garden.

I picked my first mess of collards and put them on to cook around 2 PM with a spoon of ham base in the pot, wow were they ever good and so tender, yikes. I want to try sauteing them in olive oil with fresh garlic as they are so young and tender. We ate them along sweet potato's and a grilled deer tenderloin. What a great supper however I think I like the deer loin better chicken fried, anyhow once again we give our greatest thanks to Andy Dalton for his harvesting and processing the meat. He has it down to where you would never know your eating venison, its that good.

Nancy spent the better part of the day working with her dad and the rehab folks as they are releasing her dad next week from rehab. They wanted to see if he can make it at their home with just him and GG and he didn't do a very good job. They are recommending he either go into an assisted living facility(which he refuses to do) or get some in home professional daily health care. His other option is to go and live with his son Eric in Michigan as they take in elderly folks and render 24-7 care; but he refuses to do that as well. He is having some confusion issues as well as to his where abouts, anyhow the rehab folks have said he no longer is able to be rehabilitated so he must go from the facility; thanks Humana Healthcare, Oh well!!

Did I mention I was able to assist a youth home administrator with just a couple phone calls regarding fixing her washer and dryer and no money changed hands; now I need a person who installs gutters on houses to assist with this next project and then some cash to help with mechanically fixing up a van that was donated to the home. I have the mechanic but now just need to buy the parts at cost. Its a lot of fun making things happen for people who are in need and the rewards are endless, LATER

No comments: