Friday, November 11, 2011

Thursday

Well once again another beautiful day in sunny warm Florida with temps in the low 80's, no humidity and bright sunshine. The rooster was late this morning as I was up and writing my post for my blog and once again I had delusions of him being eaten by some possum or coon; they do occasionally come by and into this neighbor, but then I heard him. Maybe this time change has effected him as well. After my quiet time, my post and then a bowl of oatmeal with fruit I pedalled out to the rec for some 2 plus hours of pickle ball. We had a good crew and the play was fast and furious. I headed into the weight room where Nancy was working out on the treadmill and did about 5 minutes of the elliptical with her until she was finished. The pickle ball workout has kept me at a decent weight only about 2 pounds up from my last doctor's weight in ; but nearly 10 pounds down from a year ago. I love it and I feel great. I have to give some credit to the Nutrilite products I'm using.

After pickle ball I stopped off at the library for a couple reads then headed home to hand water the garden. The lettuce is really starting to grow and by next week we should be eating some of that as well as the radishes and collards. I have lots of blooms on the tomato's and a few set so far; of course the herbs are just doing great as I use fresh sweet basil, rosemary and oregano almost daily as well as the parsley and cilantro. The 1/2 runner beans are starting climb on some poles and the cucumbers are blooming as well. The sugar peas are about a foot tall and will soon be climbing up the chain link fence. I love the fall and winter garden in Florida and that helps to ease the pain of being away from our mountain gardens and flowers beds.

After a lunch with just the two us Nancy took off to drive her mom to the rehab facility to be with her dad. He is progressing very slowly but is still having issues related to his bowels. He does PT daily but still can not stand alone or walk with out assistance; at least his attitude seems some what improved, so that helps with those who see and assist him on a daily basis.

We took off for Riverview around 3 o'clock and the traffic in Tampa was bumper to bumper; you sure can tell all the snowbirds are back into Florida. It took us nearly an hour to go 50 miles on the interstate. We stopped off at Sam's Club near Bobby's house as they just built a new one about a mile south of him to do our weekly shopping. We had an hour to kill before we were needed at his house to watch the kids as it turned out we weren't needed at all as Bob got home before Jill left for her meeting. We grilled marinated chicken breasts and Bob made a superb stir fry over white rice and we had brought a fresh salad so supper was dewisheous(Annsley).

We had a grand time playing with Annsley and Gabe. Gabe is now saying "football" as well as chasing and throwing the ball. He has the sweetest disposition and always with a smile when you recognize him. He is also quite the eater and is not picky at all. Annsley is cute as a button but more of a loner as she puts together puzzles, I mean difficult ones and likes to play more dress up and be very imaginative. We stayed until after their bath time and they are so cute together and Bobby sure has them trained when it comes to their nightly routines.We headed out around 8 PM and could tell the weather was starting to change. A cold front was approaching Florida with gusty winds, some rain and much cooler temps, LATER

No comments: