Sunday, November 13, 2011

Saturday

Well it turned out to be a beautiful day although the morning temps were down right nippy; but beautiful sunshine that quickly warmed up to the middle 70's. I once again slept in until around 7 AM before the rooster crowed me out of the sack, I don't think he likes the cold temps. We did our usual bowl of oatmeal after our quiet times before I headed out to the rec for a couple hours of pickle ball. Since the rec was closed on Friday due to Veterans Day I joined the beginners and less experienced players along with a couple others as the group had the gym all morning for pickle ball. I was one of the last to leave around 10:30. We had some good play and those just learning were appreciative of our willingness to not only play with them but to actually give them some pointers.

I headed for home as Nancy and Amy had gone to the mall for Christmas clothes for Ava and Sam for their pictures made for the holidays. I mowed, edged and fertilized the yards and just spend the rest of the morning and early afternoon outside. It was a great time to be outside. After Nancy got home she had brought her mom(GG) with her to have lunch here then I drove her to the rehab and stopped off at Lowes for some tomato spikes and a new dill plant.

We were having Dan and Carol for supper so Nancy had boiled the spare ribs first before I put them on the grill loaded down with Sonny's barbecue sauce. Boiling them for awhile really helps take away all the fat and grease as well as tenderizes; boy were they ever good and the meat just falls off the bone. Nancy made oven taters which she sliced the spuds into quarters or smaller, rolled them in olive oil then I picked fresh parsley and rosemary from the garden and she minced them and sprinkled and rolled that on the quarters and then baked them at 400 degrees until they just started to turn brown, yikes are they ever good. She also made her tasty fresh yellow squash casserole. Carole brought a yummy spinach dip and sliced cukes and onions in a cream sauce. Well needless to say we were stuffed, my oh my!!!

Well managed to get in a game of Phase 10 and Dan once again trounced us and Carole won a game of Golf after 7 rounds. We were barely staying awake and everyone was complaining of over eating but me; but I was getting bored at the games especially since I had a good ball game on in the background. They headed out around 9:30 and it wasn't long after I was ready for some horizontal lab, LATER

No comments: