Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Monday

Well the temps got a little warmer today with middle 80's and a small increase in the humidity; the a/c will probably be back on again if it continues to rise, but overall it was a very nice day. The morning was much the usual with the fowl wake up around 6 AM then my few quiet moments before a bowl of oatmeal with a banana. I rode out to the rec for some 2 1/2 hours of pickle ball before stopping off at the library on my way home. After a great workout I pedalled home to work out in the gardens.

We should have collards ready to eat any day and by the end of the week I will be able to pick some fresh lettuce to augment our store bought lettuce. I picked some beet greens and basil for tonight's salad we took to Amy's for supper.I have a few more small green tomato's setting and the 1/2 runner beans are climbing as well as the cuke's are heavy with blooms.

Nancy took off to drive her mom to the rehab and Amy and the kiddos came for lunch. Sam and Ava played outside with me for a couple hours after lunch. We of course played with the "alarm clock" rooster through the fence as Sam is just fascinated with the critter. Ava is still into bugs and picking flower heads. I got their trike out and they both were so much fun together as Ava pedalled while Sam sat on the back as we travelled up the sidewalk. Then I put Sam on the seat while Ava sat on the back and let the trike roll down the driveway while I caught them at the bottom. He still can't reach the pedals or steer but he is trying. They plumb wore me out and the sun was really getting warm out from under the shade trees.

After they left for their naps Nancy and I did a shopping trip to Aldi's store for some comparison shopping. They really have great prices and about 1/2 the cost of Publix. We found some really great savings items and we could tell no difference except for the packaging and brand names. Many years ago when I first moved to Florida while waiting to get on the Patrol I worked at an orange juice plant where the whole oranges where trucked in and processed into juice for different companies; well its all the same process with just different labels. Anyhow I'm sure it still works the same for pinto beans in a can that are nearly have the price as well as smoked hams. Yikes, what we pay for brand names.

We came back and I read until it was time to head over to Amy's as she was having us for supper and her famous chicken casserole, Yumm was that ever good along with her croissant rolls and Nancy's fresh garden salad. Tyler and I cleaned up and played with the kids as the Amy and Nancy did a mall run for Christmas clothes for the kids pictures. I headed home and read while trying to get interested in Monday Night Football; that was another blowout by the Packers and it looks as if they will repeat this year again in the Super Bowl.

I'm beginning to wonder about our leaders of America when we constantly apologize and denigrate our way of life; not only with our political leaders and wanna-be leaders but with our institutions of higher learning and their morals, Yikes I fear some radical changes are coming and its no longer has GOD, country, mom and apple pie as what once were icons of stability. This last leader ran on "change" and I'm not too sure his change is whats good for America. LATER

No comments: