Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wednesday

What another work day and I'm whipped. The day started with a 6:30 get out of bed to such stillness and cool air coming into the cabin, 60's. After my quiet time and a couple left over buckwheat cakes with a little molasses I headed out to check on the gardens before heading to the basement. The lock-down had dried so I gave the areas where I had spread the bonding agent another coat of grey epoxy floor paint(the third time). By the evening I checked the area I had repainted and noticed no bubbling or separating so maybe this is what I needed to keep the paint on the floor, anyhow after our guest's leave I will repaint the basement floor again but first paint it with lock-down, a bonding agent.

I got ready to work on the upper side of the cabin; first with cedar stain, then black paint on the spacers and finally green paint for the windows. What a busy day as I had to work off the scaffolding. The up and down is a wear but so much easier than working off a ladder, especially on this uneven gravel drive. We had a nice salad for lunch then it started to get pretty warm in the sun so by 4 o'clock I was ready to hang up the brushes. I headed to the lower garden which was in the shade and started loosening up the soil with a hoe around all of the plants. The heavy rains the past 24 hours really compacted the soil so no oxygen good get to the roots. Nancy was in the process of frying up some yellow squash as our main dish for supper along with a baked potato. I added 4 herbs to my squash; thyme, cilantro, basil and red pepper. What great compliments to fried squash. We usually can make a meal just out of that. Neighbor Gerald came by and we indulged him with some as well.

After supper we headed out to the top of the mountain for our daily walk and stopped to visit with Joe and Jetta before heading back down. I started a great campfire then burned the garbage and setting my plastic garbage can on fire as well(I set it to close to the fire which was very small at first and while I was off doing something else it started to melt). Oh well luckily I have a metal can as well. The temps have really started to fall with temps already down into the low 60's. Tomorrow is another stain and painting day and will probably be the last until after our guest leave next week. LATER

No comments: