Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wednesday

Brr it was 45 this AM and stayed pretty much in the low 60's for the day with little sunshine and none after lunch. The morning was much the usual with a bowl of oatmeal with blueberries, peaches and a banana after my quiet time. I headed out to the gardens after eating to check on any deer damage but saw none. We were heading off Galax for a stop at Wal-Mart and then onto Lowes for some material to close the ceiling in the basement.

We got home around 1 PM and had a bowl of leftover soup from last night for lunch then I unloaded the material into the basement. I jumped on the mower and finished mowing the yard in the back woods and by then our lunch had setted so we took off on our hike of the day to the top of the mountain. We cut the hike a little short as we decided to take our "mountain mom" a nice large bowl of last nights soup. I decided to throw a fishing line in her pond while we there but the bass had lockjaw to begin with but while we were there loosen up a little just before we decided to head out. I caught a small 10 incher then hooked a nice pound or heavier but it threw the hook just as I brought it up onto the bank. I decided not to keep the single bass so I didn't have to clean any fish. It began to rain so we decided to try again another day with real fishing worms and hopefully we will have better luck.

It was nearly 5:30 before we got back to the cabin, so we decided to start some supper. We had thawed out a deer tenderloin that Andy had fixed us up with last fall so Nancy fried it like fried chicken and I made a milk gravy from the dripping and we put that over white rice. Wow was that ever good eatin' and we licked the platter clean. Its overcast and in the 60's so its stay in the cabin where its warm. We have all the windows closed and Nancy is in sweat clothes.

Not much was accomplished today except for the trip to town, so tomorrow I will start on the basement ceiling. I almost forgot to mention the Ray's beat the Red Sox last night in baseball, LATER

No comments: