Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thursday

Well it was another busy day with a 6 AM roll out. It was quiet with grey skies and about the time I headed over to our " mountain moms" place after my quiet time and a breakfast of poached eggs and grits it was sprinkling; but eventually slacked enough to saw up a downed limb. After leaving her place I headed back to work in the basement until the rain quit then we took off on or daily hike to the top of the mountain. We stopped at Joe and Jetta's to pick up some shorts she took in for Nancy then headed on back down to a lite lunch.

After lunch we headed out to the mailbox then came back to transplant some wild black eyed Susan flower we found growing along the road. I dug up some cone flowers and a Russian sage which had grown out of the flower bed so I potted them up then dug up 6 petunias that weren't doing too good and re-potted them. I then potted up some daisy's and other flowers before digging up some iris and moving them out of the front flower bed as well.

Nancy fixed fettuccine Alfredo for supper along with fresh broccoli, yumm was that ever good. I worked on setting up another 6 foot section of scaffolding so now I'm 18 feet up next to the roof peak, doesn't sound like far but yikes it sure is especially when the deck is probably another 12 to 14 feet above the ground. Hopefully the weather will hold nice tomorrow and I can get these 2 high sides out of the way before our guests arrive next Sunday. After eating I brought out the refurbished corn hole boxes that Andy had no longer any use for so Nancy and I had a throw off. Hopefully I can throw this well tomorrow evening in Sparta at the tournament competition with Andy as my pardner. Well its been a busy but fun day, LATER

No comments: