Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thursday

Well it wasn't quite as chilly this AM as it's been the last couple of days; we went from 45 to 58 today and it reached the upper 70's by late afternoon. It looked like rain until mid-morning then the clouds dissipated and bright sunshine took over. After an early morning rise around 6'ish I had a bowl of oatmeal with a peach, blueberries and a banana after my quiet time. After eating I headed out to check on and to water the gardens. Its been since last Saturday since we've had any real rain.

I headed to the basement to get started on hanging the Styrofoam 4X8 sheets to help with covering the insulation in the ceiling. It started out nice but quickly changed when I discovered the walls and ceiling are not squared to true, so I have some seams and a few ugly pieces that are not as I would like but the ceiling is getting covered. I doubt few people will ever see my basement. We took a break for a bowl of soup for lunch then headed out on our hike for the day to the top of the mountain. It was a little chilly in the shade and no humidity which made for a great hike. We came back and continued hanging until nearly 5 o'clock. We decided to call it a day in the basement and started getting supper ready. I put a couple bone-in pork chops on the grill and Nancy made a salad and peeled fresh carrots. We had a visitor(Carson) while we were getting ready to eat but he declined to eat and settled for a Dr.Pepper.

After supper we took the golf cart out to the mailbox and picked up our weekly newspaper then I hand watered the new seedlings in the veggie and flower gardens. It was 8:30 when I finally called it a day outside. I have the Rays playing the Red Sox on the Internet and once again they are losing in the middle innings. They lost last night as well to the Bosox. The Bruins won the Stanley Cup last night over the Canucks and they were the team that beat our Lightning by one point in the 7 th game of the finals. Sure made us(Lightning) look in a different light as the team that beat us won it all. Well not much else as this coming weekend will be a busy one with something going each day and night. I will post some basement pics another day. LATER

No comments: