Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tuesday






Well can you believe it was 48 degrees this morning and it stayed just super nice all day long, I don't think it got much over 70 for the day. The morning was much the routine as I rolled out around 6:30, did my quiet time and poached a couple cackleberry's(fresh eggs from the Dalton Farm) and ate the last buckwheat cake with a piece of fried ham. This held me until we got back from our hike to the top then I finished the left over spaghetti for lunch. Wow does this cool weather work on my appetite.

I had to wear a long sleeve flannel shirt as it was that cool while transplanting some lettuce into the garden then I headed into the basement to give the fridge a second coat of paint before we headed out to the top for our hike of the day. We saw Ms. Helen outside working in her yard so we stopped and visited awhile as it was the first time we had see her since last November. She seemed thrilled to know we were back on the mountain for the summer. After leaving her we headed on down to the cabin and had lunch. After eating I headed back up the mountain on the golf cart as I saw some straight small pine saplings that were dead and I wanted to use them to hold the shower curtains I was going to install in the basement around the commode and shower area; as the basement is wide open so this will give a little privacy for those who use the basement potty. I peeled, sanded and stained the saplings then cut them to size. The area will be much like a hospital room privacy curtain.

Nancy fixed a large pot of pasta fagioli with the left over ham bone and wow was that ever good and tasty so we invited neighbor Gerald to eat with us as he was here alone. After he headed out I weed whacked and edged the yard then climbed on the riding mower and mowed the yard,it was just starting to get dark as I finished and the temp had already dropped down to 64 so I started a fire and burned the trash as well as some dried wood scraps. Wow did that heat feel good. Well Nancy was out with her camera once again so I will post a few pics(if blogger will allow me too), LATER

No comments: