Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday






Well it was another cool morning with 60's and it eventually reached 84 before we had a torrential rain with almost 2 inches in an hour or so along with the lightning and thunder which caused us to unplug everything. I guess from now on when we want rain I just need to make a date to play pickle ball which is what I did. This was the first time I've made any attempt to get a match, but we really needed the rain.

The morning was pretty much routine except I ate 2 fresh farm eggs with grits for breakfast after my quiet time and before heading out to check on the gardens. Everything looked good except for the fact it has been awfully dry the last 2 weeks. Anyhow by now I was ready to do a second coat of paint on the basement floor while Nancy spread dried paint chips in the wet paint. I used a roller for the second coat which saved my knees and back and it took about an hour compared to the 4 hours for the first coat with a brush. I wanted to be sure to work the paint in as this floor has been "green" since the day it was poured in '95. It was awfully dirty and this new epoxy grey paint made the basement so much nicer and the paint chips really classed it up.

After the second coat we headed to the top for our hike of the day. We took the reverse course which means all the hard climbing is during the first part of the hike and eventually evens out to where we only have a couple low grade climbs at the end. We stopped and visited Joe and Jetta as they were out working in their yards. We came back and had a lite lunch.

I piddled around and took it easy with just a few little odd jobs as I was saving myself because of the heat and the thought of a pickle ball match at 6 PM. Nancy was making a pot of spaghetti not only for supper but for a pasta dish to take to Cornerstone on Sunday for a luncheon fundraiser. Wow was that ever a great smell as she used my fresh basil and oregano in the sauce. I could smell that delicious aroma drifting down below the deck where I was working. It seems like all of a sudden it clouded up and the skies opened up with severe thunder and lightning. After it subsided we decided to go ahead with a plate of spaghetti as I felt sure there would be no pickle ball and it was a rain out.

After eating we just sat at the table and read as the rain poured and the lightning flashed until nearly 7 PM. I was just about finished this blog when the Skype icon came on and our niece Arianne who lives and teaches in Miami was on, so we chatted and saw her for nearly a 1/2 hour. She looked stressed as today was her last day of school. She teaches music at a Catholic School with a predominance of Cuban students. Well will close for now, LATER Here are a few pics from the basement floor.

No comments: