Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thursday

Well the day started about 6:30 with the usual quiet time and a bowl of oatmeal with blueberries, peach and a banana. After eating I headed out to check on the gardens before heading to the basement. The floor had finally dried due to the dehumidifier and a large fan running all night. I got down on my hands and knees and started with a 3 inch brush. I managed to finish all except where I had the appliances sitting before lunch and then moved them back to their original places and painted those areas by 2 PM. Man was I ever glad to see the end of that job. Tomorrow I will give the main areas a second coat but with a roller while Nancy spreads paint chips on the wet paint to give it that finished look.

It finally clouded up and thunder was everywhere in the area but no rain except for a sprinkle or two. The temps stayed pretty nice because of the cloud cover and Nancy even put a long sleeve shirt on. We just chilled around the computer and a book and played 3 games of checkers. I whupped her the first 2 games then took pity and let her win the third game. Well you would have thought she won the lottery the way she carried on, even put her win on Facebook.

We baked some frozen beer battered fish and had black beans and rice for supper along with a small salad. After the clean up we headed out on our hike to the top even though it looked like rain we got nary a drop. We saw no one except for Zeke the dog who walked awhile with us. Well not much else is going on except we are thinking of doing a rain dance as I'm watering the gardens daily, LATER

No comments: