Saturday, June 25, 2011

Saturday






Well it was another busy work day when the only fun time was on our mountain hike after supper. I started the day around 7 with a couple leftover buckwheat cakes with molasses after my quiet time. Man those cakes are the best and keep me fueled until lunchtime when Nancy made a great fresh garden salad; only it wasn't from my garden except for the basil and green onions. After a check of the gardens for deer damage which thankfully there was none, I headed out onto the deck to finish staining the rest of the lower deck side.

That side took me up until almost lunch time, while Nancy made the salad I broke down the scaffolding and carried it around to the other side of the cabin where after eating Nancy helped with setting it up again. That is a job itself especially when you on the third level and the bottom supports are in Nancy's flowers. I chose the flowers that were to be destroyed with care but at the same time I needed to be relatively close to the wall and finally after seeing how high I was she felt the loss of a few flowers temporarily were worth my safety. I worked on getting the very top painted and then worked down until I ran out of stain, by then it was going on 4 o'clock and time to call it a day.

I fired the grille up and did a couple nice rib eye steaks medium rare while she microwaved a couple potatoes. The spuds were super with real butter,fresh green onions, fresh hot red peppers(for me only), sour cream and a little fresh cilantro. That was a great meal and after the cleanup we got ready for our daily hike to the top of the mountain. There was a nice breeze with the temps down into the high 70's and no humidity. We stopped and visited with Jetta for awhile until the gnats started to bite so we headed down to give the new transplants a drink and to wet down the grass seed I sowed a couple days ago.

Well I'm watching a little Wimbledon and checking on Ray's baseball, yea tomorrow is a day of rest as I need one from this paint brush. Nancy took a couple pics of the the staining on the upper side as it was a couple feet higher from the ground because the scaffolding was on the ground and not the deck.LATER

No comments: