Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday

Well it was a blustery day until the early afternoon when the clouds lifted and the wind subsided. It looked like rain all day until then. The morning started out the usual with a 6:30 roll out and after my quiet time and a bowl of oatmeal I headed out to check on the gardens. Seems the bags, pie plates and twine that I strung up around the lower garden worked, so far.

I ventured into the basement once again to work on the ceiling then I painted the support poles and the edge of the the ceiling. I glued a chair by then it was after 11 AM so we headed to the top of the mountain for our daily hike. We ran into Joe and Jetta and visited awhile before heading home for a lite lunch. After lunch I cleaned off the corn hole boxes, sanded them and gave them a coat of polyurethane. While they dried I potted some marigolds and Zinnias.

We had an early supper of leftover smoked chicken on a bed of lettuce then we got ready to head over to Eddie and Kimberly's. We met up with Mechelle and Katherine as they were interested in their horses. I scooped up Tommy droppings for my garden then dug up 3 large clumps of Shasta Daisy's. We got back a little after 8 then Jodi, Gerald and Gabriel came up. We played 2 games of Spades and the girls won both for a change. They headed out about 10:30 so its nitey nite, LATER

No comments: