Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tuesday

Well I was awake at 5 AM and layed around until 6 when I no longer could stay in bed. It was another 60 degree morning and with such quietness it was a pleasant morning. After my quiet time and a bowl of oatmeal with blueberries and a banana I headed out to check the gardens for animal damage. Something which I believe may have been a turkey dug up a cabbage plant but did no real damage to it so a replanted it. The reason I think it was a turkey is just about dark I saw one at the edge of the lower garden and when it spotted me it took off up the hill and into the woods. Nancy did her rather good original turkey imitation so maybe that really will keep it away. We got ready and headed out to the big city of Galax, Va. around 9:30.

We made a trash stop, then a gas stop, next was a Lowes stop and finally a Walmart stop before we stopped at Subway for lunch. On the way out of town we stopped at Hortons for some produce and I headed next door to the green house to check on bargains and I found 4 wave petunias for a buck. I moved them up into larger pots and fed them a little miracle grown. Wave petunias are out of sight in price at Lowes so I once again did okay even though it will take a couple days for them to fill out as they were root bound.

We got home about 1:30 so I headed down to the basement once again to move as much stuff out so I can clean the other half of the basement tomorrow. I worked down there until after 4 PM before calling it a day. There were thunder storms all around us but just a small sprinkle was all we managed. Ms. Helen left us a nice sack of mustard greens she had picked from a neighbors garden as well as some fresh green onions. Nancy got the greens ready to boil along with a sweet potato and fried ham. Those greens were excellent and we had just enough leftover for a small bowl tomorrow.

After supper I burned trash and picked up some twigs and small branches in the back woods yard and added them to the fire. We saw a huge deer on neighbor Gerald's property as we walked the back road. It was rumbling in the distance and Nancy was afraid we would get caught out in a storm, so we cut through to the top and held our walk to about 3/4 of our usual hike.

We got a phone call that Ava had fallen unto their outside concrete table gashing her forehead so Tyler was taking her to the E.R. to see if she needed stitches, seems the doctor just close it with an adhesive. We are thankful she will be fine, LATER

No comments: