Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wednesday

Well the day started out around 7 AM. It was so quiet and the dew was about the only sound as it dripped on the tin rood from the bump out, so still and the air was just absolutely fresh and clean. After my quiet time, a cup of hot green tea and a bowl of oatmeal with blueberries and a banana I headed out to check on the gardens. Once again the deer fence worked as they stayed away. Did I mention that sometime around midnight the rain woke us up with a hard downpour of about a 1/2 inch.

We got ready to head to Galax for some shopping. I gassed up at 3.21 a gallon which is the lowest I've seen in quite awhile. We headed to Lowes for a bathtub drain stopper, a new dill plant and a begonia. I also priced a new cordless 18 volt reversible drill as my old one was 10 years old and worn out. We headed to Wal-Mart for some goodies for the grand babies who will arrive in a couple weeks, groceries and I found the exact same drill for 20 bucks cheaper. Now that was a savings. After a couple hundred spent there we stopped at R&L pizza and subs restaurant in Galax for lunch, seems every time we go by there its packed with cars and now we know why; absolutely the best pizza I've ever eaten. We had a 14' supreme and we were out the door for around 15 bucks, very good eatin'. We stopped at Horton's market for some fresh veggies before headin' back to N.C. and the cabin. It sure looked like rain when we headed out around 10 AM but the road showed no new rain while we were gone.

After putting away the goodies neighbor Gerald came by to give me a hand setting up his scaffolding on my deck so I can re stain the cabin walls from out under the porches. Yikes is that high when looking down from the deck. Oh well that should keep me busy for several days. I was able to get in my garden enough to loosen up the soil around my plants but for only a couple hours as there came another thunderstorm with hail, lightning and heavy rain for about an hour. We received 6/10ths of an inch is this latest rain. We need a couple days of just nice dry weather with out any thunderstorms.

Well Nancy fried up the last of the deer tenderloin for supper and my was that ever tasty, there is no better eatin'. Well better get out of here and see if the Ray's are playing ball, LATER

No comments: