Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Wednesday

Well the day started out with the usual quiet time and just a banana for breakfast. I pedaled to the Rec. for a 2 1/2 hour work out with 8 other players. There were lots of wet shirts this morning and mine was especially wet after doing an additional 15 minutes on the elliptical, 50 crunches and some weights for the arms and shoulders. When I got ready to leave the skies had opened up with rain but I managed to ride between the drops to the library and pick up a new book THE KITE RUNNER. What a read. I recommend it highly.

Although Nancy was cooking at church Ava and Amy came by and had lunch with me which certainly brightened up the gray skies. By then it had cleared off and we played outside in the back yard and worked in the garden until it was time for Ava to head home and get her afternoon nap. I spent the rest of the afternoon reading and squeezing fresh orange juice. Amy picked me up at 4 PM and we headed out to church where we got ready to serve dinner at 5 PM. Nancy had barbecue chicken, baked spuds, baked beans, garlic bread, tossed salad and ice cream pie for dessert. Everything tasted great except the pie as I'm off desserts as my New Years resolution is to lose the roll of fat around my belt line. I call that my money belt as its actually caused by me eating all those high priced foods which only lead to stored fat. Oh well!!!

We were out of the kitchen by 6:45 and then stopped by fora visit and to help Amy with getting Ava ready for bed. Ava is such a cutie!! Well will close for now.LATER

No comments: