Monday, January 5, 2009

Monday was another Great Day

After my quiet time and a lite breakfast I got ready to head to the Rec. for pickle ball. There were 12 players today and we had a rowdy group. The play at times was fast and furious and I saw many wet shirts. Afterwards I headed to the weight room and did 15 minutes on the elliptical, several crunches and some heavy weighs for the flabby upper arms. Dang I dislike losing muscle tone especially around the middle area. Oh well I guess that goes with getting older, sure beats the alternative; worm food.

Speaking of worm food the earth worms(fishing worms where I came from) are doing a good job in my garden. I picked my first 2 small tomato's today, a nice pot of green beans, a beautiful cucumber and tons of greens for my lunch salad. After lunch Ava and myself picked a couple flower heads and played outside in the back yard. That girl is an outside girl. Amy and Ava took off for their place around 3 PM for Ava's nap.

Nancy fixed a meat loaf, green beans and rice for dinner. What comfort food. Ava ate real good as she just loves those home grown beans. Well Amy is taking off with her girls group that meets once a week on Mondays so Nancy and I will be giving Ava a bath and putting her to bed here again tonight. This morning she woke up at 5:20 AM. So much for sleeping in until 6:30.

Well will close for now. Later!!

No comments: