Sunday, January 4, 2009

Saturday on Sunday






















Saturday turned out to be a super day with temp's in the 70's. It was so nice that after our quiet time, breakfast of buckwheat pancakes we decided to head for the beach. Nancy and I met our friends Dan and Carol there. What a beautiful morning. First we took a couple of long walks in the shallow surf then while they laid around I took a dip in the water. It certainly woke you up initially but after a couple of strokes you quickly acclimated. Wow what a nice swim. We hung around until the early afternoon then headed home.




I worked in the garden and caught up on some reading. Amy and Ava are staying with us while Tyler who left Saturday on a mission trip to Costa Rica is gone. We are having such a good time with them. I managed to get a little NFL playoffs time in. I actually pulled for Curt Warner of the Cardinals as he is kind of an older guy and is a strong Christian. I was surprised to see they won the game but I don't think they have a team that could go all the way.


Sunday morning found us all awaken by Ava at 6 AM. She was bright eyed and ready to go. Needless to say I could have done another 1/2 hour or more as the Colt vs Charger game was a late ending one. Tough game for our old Buc coach; Tony Dungy. Better luck next year guys.



We headed out to Tampa at 9 AM to worship with our son, Bobby at Element Church. A great service and the praise music was awesome. Ava got to play with Annsley and Phoenix in the nursery. There were 11 babies and toddlers there and probably that many more older kids. After Element we headed back to Seminole and picked up a pizza for lunch. We had to help Dan lead the 2 PM service at the nursing home. Dan's niece, Megan played the guitar and piano and did a couple special songs. I spoke on 2 Cor.5:17 which I felt was appropriate for the beginning of a New Year.The rest of the afternoon I dedicated to the watching of the NFL playoff games. Nancy made a great pasta dinner using our fresh oregano and basil along with fresh asparagus on the side and toasted garlic bread.


Well will close for now, boy do I need to get back on the pickle ball court. Later!!!

No comments: