Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tuesday is Another Super Day

After my quiet time and a light breakfast I pedaled to the Rec. and got in 2 + hours of pickle ball with 7 other players. We had some fast and furious play and several had wet shirts. Afterwards I stopped by the weight room and worked 15 minutes on the elliptical, did about 50 crunches and several heavy weights for the arms and shoulders. I'm determined with my careful diet and exercise I can knock some of this spare tire around my waist off before we head out in May for the mountains. Then summer there should keep me in shape walking up and down those hills.

Amy and Ava came for lunch around noon just after I got the garden watered and made a fresh garden salad. Nancy came in shortly after doing her shopping for tomorrow's fellowship meal at church. We all had a great salad for lunch. Ava and I played outside until G/G and Pap came by and then I picked them a big bag of fresh lettuce. Amy took Ava home for her afternoon nap then came back after 5 for dinner. Nancy took off to the Rec. to get her workout in and I chilled by reading.

Nancy fixed taco salad for dinner which is one of my favorites. First she sautes ground meat with taco seasoning and opens a can of refried beans. After warming some flour tortilla's in the micro she then spreads the beans on top adds some of the the seasoned meat then adds the rest of the toppings which are; chopped onions, green peppers, cheese, shredded lettuce, chopped tomato's, (I of course add extra oregano and jalapeno peppers) and then add a big scoop of sour cream and then cover with Taco Bell sauce. Wow does that ever taste good and its pretty to look at as well.

After dinner Ava and Amy played for awhile and then she decided they should spend the night at their house. Sure will be quiet around here tonight.Nancy has to go back to cooking at church tomorrow so I will spend most of the afternoon alone until its time to head the church and wash dishes. Well will close for now, Later.

No comments: