Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Tuesday and Wednesday




Monday night around 11 PM a severe storm went through the area with high winds and rain knocking tree limbs and bending over much of my garden plants. The temperature dropped dramatically with the lows down in the 40's and it didn't get much out of the 50' all day. Wednesday brought even colder temp's down into the high 30's and tonight its predicting a possible freeze for our area. It will be touch and go for the beans, cuke's and tomato plants. I moved some new seedlings into the shed. However when you compare what we are experiencing it really is a heat way to our friends in the mountains. This morning as I rode my bike to the Rec. after my quiet time my eyes were watering from the cold air.




Well Nancy cooked chili for supper tonight at church along with hot dogs, corn bread and salad with chocolate cream pie for dessert. Of course everything was delicious except I didn't try the pie. Its been 21 days since I've had a dessert.




We had 15 players today for pickle ball and 10 on Tuesday. There was some hot and heavy play with lots of wet shirts. Not much new going on, I did water my garden heavily today as wet ground retains the heat better than dry ground so maybe the plants will survive. At 8:30 PM the temp is already down to 39 the coldest so far this year. I picked the bean vines completely and got another nice mess of beans.


We attended a Bible study last night and had our bi-weekly house church for Element tonight with 10 in attendance. We are just getting started with the house church concept and we hope this will take off. Trying to do a little good in our community with the knowledge that we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. If any of you are interested leave me a comment and I will see that you get plugged in.


Well will go for now. LATER. The frozen lake is where I fish at a friends place in N.C. Brrr now that looks cold.

No comments: