Sunday, January 11, 2009

Saturday on Sunday

Well Saturday turned out to be another beautiful warm day. After our quiet time Amy came over with Ava and Nancy made a big batch of buckwheat pancakes with ham and eggs. I did a little gardening and then read for a couple of hours. The girl's along with neighbors Phoenix and Melinda took off for the horse barn. The owners weren't there so they could only look from outside the fence. After lunch Amy and Ava went home for her afternoon nap and I took off for the Rec. There is no pickle ball on week ends but I did 45 minutes on the elliptical, about 50 crunches and a ton of heavy weights for my arms and shoulders. I have finally worked the tendinitis out of both elbows I had developed a couple years ago from lifting square bales of hay.

Before I forget it, I'm reading a true story by Todd Lewan entitled the THE LAST RUN. It takes place in Alaska about the attempted rescue of 5 fisherman on a boat by the U.S. Coast Guard. This story will keep you on the edge of your seat and give you a new perspective how the USCG risks their lives to save others in unbelievable situations. Its a must read.



Well Nancy and I took a couple mile walk when I got back from the Rec. as it was just down right gorgeous out. Afterwards I sat out in the back yard under the tree and finished the book. Nancy made an unbelievably delicious beef barley soup from the frozen left over prime rib bones from Christmas dinner. Wow was that ever good along with a pan of cornbread and a fresh garden salad. Amy and Ava came back for dinner and stayed until after 8 PM. I started watching the playoffs and was happy to see Kurt Warner of the Cardinals beat the Panthers. Kurt is such a strong Christian and is much like Tim Tebow of the Gators in their open and up front display as a CHRIST follower. I kind of wanted to see the Panthers do well but they sure stunk the field up Saturday Night. Hopefully the Cardinals they can beat the Eagles next Sunday.



I left for Tampa Airport at 11:30 PM to pick up Tyler(son-in-law) as he was flying back into the country from his week long misson trip to Coasta Rica. I finally got back to the house and into bed around 1 AM. I did not want to get up this AM for 8:30 church. During the service myself and a couple others assisted a young woman with some health issues who passed out in the service. We maintained a good airway and 911 was called and she was transported to the hospital. After the service Nancy and I gave blood as the blood mobile was at our church. About half way through Nancy's donation her blood stopped flowing into her container and because there is so much anti-coagulate in the bag they had to dispose of the donation. My blood flowed like a river. So 1 out of 2 of us was able to make a good donation.

Prior to lunch I watered and picked fresh green beans, both 1/2 runners and pole beans. Wow are they ever nice. After eating a fresh salad for lunch and me getting ready for the NFL playoffs Nancy took off shopping. She came back after a couple hours with new jeans and new shoes.

After supper which was left over soup from last night I tried to get interested in the Charger vs Steeler game but that eventually became a blow out. The first half was fun to watch especially seeing all the snow in the air and how cold it was from Nancy's home town; of course she left there for Florida when she was very young and is thankful she doesn't live there any more.

Well will close for now. LATER!

No comments: