Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Tuesday and Wednesday

Tuesday was just another beautiful warm sunny Florida day. Once again we slept in until after 7 as the gym was closed for pickle ball. I went to the exercise/ weight room and did 30 minutes each on the treadmill and elliptical around 9 AM. Then did about 50 sit ups and weight lifts. I got a good 2 hours in before heading out to the library and picked up 2 more new books on the Arctic. Both books are non fiction and a very good read. 58 DEGREES NORTH and ADA BLACKJACK are both about survival on land and sea in the same arctic setting.

After pedaling home I worked in the garden and waited on Amy, Ava and Nancy(was church shopping) for lunch. After lunch I laid around and read the rest of the afternoon until supper. Amy and Ava came back and ate dinner with us as Tyler went directly from work to the church to teach his ESL class(English a second language). Nancy made a fantastic pasta dish with fresh mushrooms and asparagus. Yum-O.

Wednesday morning found me back up at my usual time 6:30 so I could get ready for pickle ball. After my quiet time and a lite breakfast(fruit) I pedaled to the Rec. and got in 2 good hours of play with 10 other players then did an additional 30 minutes on the elliptical and weights. My shirt was really wet when I rode home. The day was warm and windy. After lunch I transplanted some new lettuce seedlings and watered the garden. I then did a few honey-do jobs for Nancy then settled down to read until it was time to head to the church and help serve dinner and cleanup. Nancy had about 65 for dinner and she prepared pork chops, mashed spuds and gravy, mixed vegetables(broccoli and cauliflower) and homemade chocolate chip cookies with ice cream for dessert. Once again I held off on the cookies and cream but did have an extra roll with gravy. Was that an ever good meal and she received tons of compliments. We were out of the kitchen by 6:40.

Well will close for now.LATER

No comments: