Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thursday

Well it was a frosty morning around our house but fortunately my garden was spared. I checked the garden when I first woke up around 6:30 and noticed no white ice clinging to any plants but the neighbors roof and yard were solid white. After my quiet time and a banana for breakfast I jumped on the bike and headed to the Rec. for pickle ball. There were 11 of us today and what a wild and wacky morning. For 2 solid hours we played hard and I was bushed when 10 AM rolled around. I knew I had to be back at the Rec. for 1 PM badminton so I stayed out of the weight room. Wow what a workout that was as 4 of us pickle ball players also love the game of badminton. We played until just after 3 PM so what great 4 hours of work out and on top of that I'm off desserts. So tomorrow after play I will weight myself.I need to be between 180- 182 lbs.
I came back from the Rec.with the temps at least 20 degrees warmer than when I went at 7:45 this morning. My eyes were watering from the cold as well as my hands showed some redness on the the bike ride. Nancy also got her 30 minutes on the treadmill along with the walk there. Great!!!

Amy and Ava came for lunch and little Ava has a runny nose but is so cheerful and so much fun to be around. She now loves everything as she constantly says "I love it." Well Nancy fixed a Mahi-Mahi baked in the oven along with fresh green beans on a bed of white rice with soy sauce and a fresh garden salad. Super eating. The Mahi- Mahi is superb, its fresh frozen and found at Sam's Club and imported from Ecuador.

Well not much else going on. Its still nippy here with the temps still in the 50's and the heat kicking in. Last night it kept me wake as it kicked in quite a bit all night long. We are looking at another cool night but not as cold as last night then a warm up to the 70's this week end.
Well take care and stay warm to all our mountain buddies. Later!!!

No comments: