Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday is another nice day

Well it was another sleep in morning as the Rec. was closed for MLK holiday. After our usual quiet time and breakfast of cereal,banana and strawberries I ventured out to work in the garden. I transplanted some pot bound plants like my; egg plant, basil, spinach and a kale plant.

I then started to make arrangements for replacing my 12 year old microwave oven. When I along with a couple of fellows who work on appliances removed the oven(2 man job) we found the reason it quit working was a wire had worked itself loose and shorted out to the power source. That was hard to believe after being in that position for 12 years. Oh well I'm tickled about that. If any one ever needs an appliance guys with a lot of smarts and good common sense let me know. He fixed my 29 year old freezer that had frozen up after leaving it unplugged for 5 months while we were in the mountains. Now I leave it on and running while we are away but just place fill water jugs inside.Oh well so much to learn.

Nancy fixed leftovers for dinner which were as good as the night she cooked them; meat loaf, green beans and potato's and a fresh salad. Well its back to a good work out on the pickle ball court tomorrow. LATER

No comments: