Monday, January 26, 2009

Monday

Wow what a Florida Day. In the high 70's with no humidity and lots of sunshine. Nancy and I slept in until 7:45 as the Rec. Center gym was being resurfaced so there is no pickle ball until Wednesday. After my quiet time and lite breakfast I headed out to the Rec. for a work out in the weight room. I did 3o minutes on the treadmill at 3.2mph and 6.5 degree slope up hill. I managed a wet shirt then did about 15 minutes of sit ups, crunches, arm and chest exercises with weights before heading out to the library. I picked up a new book called RING OF ICE. Its a running commentary about arctic adventures starting back in the 1800's. Many of the entries are from the diaries of explorer's who perished but written accounts of what transpired where later found along with their frozen bodies. Its a great read.

I picked beans and 'maters when I got home and watered the garden. Amy and Ava came for lunch and we played outside as the weather was super ice. After lunch the girls took off to Target and I changed out the seats in the shower spigots. I then read until G/G and Pap came by for a visit. After they left I got a call from Audine Todd. She wanted to inform us that Nub and Pam(next door neighbors in the mountains) had lost their youngest son in a fatal car crash in Germany a couple weeks ago. His wife who is in the Army just had a baby boy a couple months back as well. So sad!!!He was just 23 years of age. Our sympathy goes out to the family. Well, its really been one of the coldest winter they have experienced in several years. Audine says she is finally back to work, however they have cut her hours as well. It seems much of Sparta is closing as several businesses have closed their doors or gone out business.

Well Nancy made her favorite comfort food dish for dinner; tuna noodle casserole with yellow squash and home grown green beans. Doesn't sound exciting but its very tasty. Well not much else happening here in Florida except the big football game on Sunday between the Cardinals and Steelers at Tampa Stadium. Bobby will be working as a volunteer during the Super Bowl activities, so he's pumped. Well to all our mountain friends I wish you could have some of this warm weather. LATER!!

No comments: