Saturday, January 17, 2009

Thursday and Friday on Saturday Morning

Well I have been just plain lax about writing the past couple of nights; mainly because we went out to eat with our neighbors, then played domino's until late and then last night we watched Ava until after 8. I just got interested in a new book(about Alaska) after finishing Nicholas Spark's book TRUE BELIEVER. That was a good read, however I need those feel good, chick flick reads once in awhile to show to myself I still have the ability to tear up. Oh well, I'm a sensitive guy!!!!RIGHT.
Nothing was out of the ordinary for the morning routines except its been a bit on the nippy side.Nancy went from A/C to heat overnight. The age "thing"is starting to show; one minute she's hot and the next she cold. Hormones!!! Yikes!!!! But we did have a couple 40's mornings and this morning, Saturday is definitely the coldest with a stiff breeze from the north.

Thursday and Friday there were several pickle ball players and as usual we had some fast and furious play. Lots of wet shirts. I manage to loss 3 pounds since New Years Day and my resolution of; not eating desserts and chips is starting to pay off. I still at least 2 pinches on the gut to go before I relinquish to an occasional dessert. Really now that I'm over the dessert withdrawal I may stay away all together. At first I found it hard to see all that food going to waste(kids in China starving) even if it is desserts.
We ate at a place called Golden Corral on Thursday night with our neighbor's Toni, Mark and Ms. Carol, buffet style(my first real test of not feeling like I have to eat my money's worth) in Largo and we were surprised at how good it was. The place was clean and the food was fresh and I had one of the better steaks I had ever eaten out. I kept hearing this bell ring so finally I ask the waitress the significance of the bell and she informed us each time it rang something fresh from the bakery was being offered up. Wow, I'm sure glad I'm off desserts however I did peruse the selections.Will Power!!! That bell rang continuously.

Friday night Ava came for dinner as Amy and Tyler went out to eat. I had picked a pot of 1/2 runner green beans from the garden and Nancy fixed them with boiled spuds. Wow that is an amazing meal. An old friend Walt Hampton called around 8 and we talked for over an hour. I hadn't spoken to him since we left the cabin in October. We didn't get a Christmas Card this year and we found out why; after talking with him we learned he had fallen through the ceiling in his shop while installing insulation and had spent 20 days in the hospital in Winston-Salem. He broke several ribs, his shoulder blade and other injuries. He was operated on several times and is just now getting back to where he can sit up and function some what. Keep Walt and Theia(wife) in your prayers.

Nancy is calling that breakfast (ham and blueberry buckwheat pancakes) is ready. So I will close for now. Tomorrow we will head to Tampa to worship at Element Church and spend the afternoon with Bob, Jill and Annsley.
Did you notice my counter started working again!!! Whats going on??? LATER

No comments: