Saturday, January 24, 2009

Friday and Saturday Morning

Friday started out cold with tons of frost every where but none I repeat none fell on my garden. The big oak tree provided enough cover to keep the frost from settling and killing my crops. After my quiet time and a bowl of cereal I pedaled to the Rec. and worked up a good sweat with 2 hours of pickle ball, elliptical and weights. Wow I have lost 3 1/2 lbs. since New Years Day. All I have cut out is desserts.I'm still eating too large of portions and I hope to remedy that as well, but darn Nancy is such a good cook and I just can't help myself. Last night Amy and Tyler invited us to their house along with Tyler's old roommate Jon Perry and his family for dinner. Now that Amy is becoming a great cook like her mother. She prepared one of the best lasagnas and salad I have ever eaten. We had a great time and Ava and Phoneix played until after 8 PM.

After Ava 's bath and bed time we played a game of "oh hell" which Tyler won. It was nearly 10 before we headed home.The air had cooled off enough to make the heat run again last night but today, Sat. its supposed to be in the 70' yea for warmer weather. I just opened the windows at 11AM to air the house out and let the warm sunshine in.

I headed over to Tampa this morning with 4 others guys to attend Bob's first prayer breakfast for ELEMENT CHURCH. We had 33 guys to attend and the food was amazing; pancakes with a special butter, scrambles eggs, bacon and a fresh fruit salad. Just down right good eatin'. We shared a little about our feelings, prayed for each other and how ELEMENT can become a difference in our communities and the city of Tampa by building relationships and being all that CHRIST has intended for us to be.

Nancy took off with Carol Botbyl to Calvary Chapel to help with the monthly distribution of the Angel Food Ministry. Dan and I missed this month but we felt to be a part of the initial prayer breakfast was a must. Nancy said they had plenty of workers. Well we hope to get a good 4 mile walk in before the Botbyl's come for dinner at 5 PM. Nancy has chicken Kiev, salad, home grown broccoli on the menu along with the starch and dessert Carol is bringing. Domino's will follow I hope. Well better go as Nancy is calling for me harvest greens for the salad.LATER.

No comments: