Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Tuesday

Well here it is the last day of August and already there is a touch of fall in the air in the mornings. The afternoons have been rather warm but very little humidity so its pleasant with the high 80's. After our quiet times this morning and a leftover buckwheat cake and another shot of heparin in the belly I headed to the top of the mountain on the golf cart to pick blueberries. The patch of berries belong to our senior friend Helen who is unable to pick them due to a back injury so I offered to pick them for her. She is pleased they are not going to waste and she has plenty she says in her freezer.



It got rather hot on top in the direct sun so it wasn't long before I had a wet shirt. Nancy came by on her hike and visited while I finished up. I picked about 2 quarts so it will be time for some blueberry cobbler. I headed back home to rest for an hour or so with my leg elevated while taking in some good tennis at the US Open in the TV. We had a lite lunch of 'maters, cukes, onions with basil in a wrap. It was very tasty. Nancy took out pork chops for supper and I grilled them along with canned peas and a salad for supper after we got back from visiting Eddie and Kimberley's farm. They have 6 horses and a mule along 4 dogs and several cats. We had a pleasant visit with them and I managed to scoop up several bags of horse doo-doo for my worms in the compost pile. It was hard to believe but that was the first time we had been to their beautiful place this year.



Well not much else is going on except the Ray's got wiped out by the Jay's last night at home in a 13-5 loss. Wednesday we are heading to Galax and Wal-Mart for some groceries as we are entertaining 2 groups this coming weed end; our original gang of Sequence players on Saturday and the Dalton Gang along with Joe and Helen on Sunday. Should be lots of good eatin' as we celebrate Labor Day. Then on Monday we are heading for a get together with our small group on Monday at the Dalton Ranch and more eatin', somebody get me a wheel barrow, Yikes!!! LATER

No comments: