Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Monday

Well the morning started out with the usual spot of green tea, my hand full of supplements, quiet time and a ride out to the rec on the bike. We had a good turn out with about a dozen players and some good play. The leg which had the blood clot doesn't seem to be showing any adverse effects which is great. Hopefully I can regain my old desire to play hard and seek wet shirts with every workout.

I headed home to water the few tomato plant seedling I brought back from the mountains and the new grass out front under the large oak. Amy brought Ava and Samuel by and we had lunch and played with them until it was nap time for both of them and me. I finished the GET CAPONE and it was a good read with lots of history about prohibition, Herbert Hoover's presidency and of course the organized crime that was in Chicago and Miami that surrounded Capone. He died at the young age of 48 and while he was a criminal much like the mafia, he was only convicted of income tax evasion. Actually he funded the only soup kitchen in Chicago during the Depression and was regarded as a folk hero The book was well foot noted. I started another great read entitled THE GOOD SOLDIERS which takes place in Iraq. This book described the "surge" and the men who fought in an around Baghdad with the Army and the 2-16 battalion. This story will put you not only in harms way but with those who were killed, injured and suffered mental breakdowns as well. This is a must read for all and an unforgettable price our soldiers are faced with when put in the line of fire. This embedded author, David Finkel has done an outstanding job in reporting what war was like in Iraq.

Well we finished the left over smoked chicken for supper with some left over fried spuds and frozen green peas. After the cleanup we settled in to watch the listless Ray's lose another game to the last place team in our division. I read this morning where the high price players on the team where complaining the crowd was only about 12 thousand in attendance. Well my thought on that is let these highly paid players buy some of those tickets and give them away especially since the economy is so bad with high unemployment. These spoiled millionaires just make me mad when they earn so much money by playing a game in a public funded stadium. Oh well they lost again last night and my favorable perception of them have dimmed a little. There is nothing that aggravates me more than those who complain who have it made. LATER

No comments: