Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Tuesday

Well another usual morning after my quiet time and a lite breakfast before my ride out to the rec for some 2 hours of pickle ball. We had a good showing with some excellent play. I headed home after the workout to play and visit with Sam and Ava as Amy brought them by for lunch.

Amy and Nancy took off for Target with the kids and when they got back, Nancy had to take her mother to the bank. I just chilled and finished another good read about the war in Iraq. Nancy got back after stopping by the rec for her 30 minute workout on the treadmill. There wasn't much else going on until it was time to start supper and wow did we ever have a great meat. Our friends in the mountains the Dalton loaded me up with some frozen deer tenderloin. My oh my that is the best and Nancy fixed it like you would fry a fresh chicken. She was much impressed with the taste and its been years since I've eaten such good venison. Thanks Andy for sharing.

After supper and the clean up I watched a little TV and got ready to see if the Ray's would clinch a playoff spot and they did convincingly with a shutout win over the Orioles. The fan numbers were down once again but it was announced the Ray's owners where giving away 20 thousand free tickets Wednesday night for the final regular home game of this season. That was a generous gesture to this market as we are mainly a retirement community and with the high unemployment everywhere I think they were a little embarrassed with the comments of some the highly paid players who felt there wasn't enough fans attending the games.

Well lets hope the Rays play great in the playoffs and win the world series. Hopefully that would be a boost to this small market. Well I've rambled on enough, LATER

No comments: