Sunday, September 26, 2010

Saturday

Well we slept in a little this morning but my internal clock had me awake at 6 but I managed to roll over and stayed horizontal until nearly 8. Wow what a feat that was as I'm usually whacking the pickle ball around at that time of the morning. After my quiet time Nancy made a mountain breakfast of left over fried tater, smoked bacon and cackleberries and with some of that good black raspberry jam on toast with a V-8 to wash it all down. Wow that kept me satisfied until supper which was around 5:30. I did have a handful of peanuts around 3 with a Dr.Pepper which is usual for me as we seldom drink sodas but we brought this back from the mountains which we had bought last May. I was afraid it would be no good but it fizzed and did taste good with the salty peanuts. When I was a kid we use to dump a pack of salted peanuts in a bottle of pop and eat them that way, sure brought back some old taste memories which tasted the same as yesteryear.

I helped Nancy with getting ready for a big family supper as we were celebrating Tyler birthday at our house. There is a long standing invitation in the family to those who have birthdays they get to choose a meal so I put a couple whole chickens in the smoker with apple wood and a couple beers in their rear with some rosemary and garlic. Yikes was that ever good eatin' along with some homegrown mountain taters and fresh carrots. Nancy also made an apple pie and a fresh blueberry pie as well from berries I had picked from around the top of the mountain and had frozen. Yumm and with frozen vanilla ice cream. I try to stay away from desserts but had to try a piece of each with ice cream on top as well. Thankfully I can work it off next week on the pickle ball court.

Well we had a house full with niece Arriane coming up from Miami with some friends to visit with Pap and to see a Rays game. Bobby just came with Annsley as Jill is just a week away from birthing Gabriel so Annsley and Ava played hard. We just sat around after eating watching the Rays annihilate the Mariners once again and now we are up 1 1/2 games on the Yanks. So if we keep winning and the Red Sox keep beating the Yanks we should win the pennant again this year. Go Rays!!!

This morning(Sunday) we are getting ready to head to Tampa for worship at Element as Bobby will be back leading worship only. He will be back next Sunday speaking(preaching). Well just an update on Pap he is not doing well even though the fluid seems to be gone from his lungs at this time. He has lost his appetite which for him was a big part of his life in recent years. He has lost about 25 pounds recently which was probably fluid to the congestive heart failure but along with that he has grown weak and frail. Keep him and all of us in your prayers and thought as he seems to have lost his spunk except for being short tempered. LATER

No comments: