Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Tuesday

Well it was the usual Florida morning with a few moments of quiet times and a banana for breakfast before I pedalled out to the rec. The leg is coming along and seems to be recovering from the blood clot thanks to my N.C. doctor, shots of Heparin and daily doses of cumidan(sic) or better known as rat poisoning. Anyhow I made the 8 o'clock Pickle ball session and stayed for only an hour and a half as nurse Nancy warned me to not over do it or she would get the big needle out for me once again. My oh my I can't tell you how great it felt to stroke the ball and to once again play competitively with all my PB friends. Physical activity is a just great!!!

After PB , Amy and the kids came for lunch and once again it was great to hold and love up on grand kids and to see their smile when you recognize and call them by name. I never would have thought being a grand parent would be so much fun and rewarding. We just chilled as it was to darn hot outside for any other activity until supper time. I grilled some grouper given to us about a month ago which I had frozen in water and it tasted as fresh as the day it was caught. We had a great supper with parsley spuds from my 'tater patch at the cabin and some store bought broccoli and cauliflower. We settled in to watch our Ray's nearly beat the Yank's in a real thriller as we came back from 6 runs downs to go ahead in the 9th inning, but to lose with the long ball once again. LATER

No comments: