Thursday, September 30, 2010

Wednesday and Thursday

Well the mornings are usual with our quiet times, lite eats and a ride out to the rec for some 2 plus hours of pickle ball. We have been having a good group of players so the play has been fast and furious. The heat here has been abated to where you can at least stay outside for more than 30 minutes at a time. I transplanted the tomato seedlings I brought back from N.C. into the ground yesterday after lunch and I was soaked with sweat. At least I was in the shade for the planting.

When I awakened on Wednesday the garage floor was soaked as the water softener had sprung a leak and recently the water was rather funky so I had a technician come out and work on it this morning, yikes after replacing every movable part and a resin refill I spent nearly the price of a new one. Any way we are back up and running(no pun intended) with good clean soft water once again. Amy brought the grand babies by for lunch and they made chocolate chip cookies afterwards.

The Ray's won a playoff spot on Tuesday lost a game on Wednesday and who knows what will happen tonight in Kansas City. They are still the best team in baseball but I'm starting to have some doubts about a couple of their players with all the strike outs. Oh well!! We are getting ready to head out to Sam's Club for supplies as we will celebrate GG's birthday with a family dinner on Sat. evening. Bob is bringing little Gabriel for the first time to meet this side of the family as well.

Well not much else is going on today and tomorrow Nancy will drive her parents to the doctor and then take them out to lunch on Friday for GG's birthday as well. I have to go and have a blood draw to check on my viscosity, Friday as well once. Everything seems fine with the leg at this point. LATER

No comments: