Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday

Well it was another very nice morning in the mountains with such quiet coolness in the air with the dew dripping from the roof and in the distant there was the sound of a lonely crow. After our quiet times we got really to head into Sparta for a doctor's appointment for both of us; me for a finger prick to determine the viscosity of my blood and Nancy for blood drawn for her check on her cholesterol after her fast. I flunked the blood check and will have to stay on more heparin shots until Friday with an increase in the daily dosage of cumadin. The leg seems to be getting a little stronger each day with less of an ache and the swelling is decreasing. I had a good report from all the tests from blood, urine, EKG, and lung capacity in my through checkup from last Wednesday. Praise GOD!!!

We headed out after the doctor's visit to a local restaurant for a bite to eat before heading back to the cabin. I headed out to the top of the mountain on the golf cart while Nancy hiked. We met at our friends place so I could pick blueberries for her. We picked about a quart before heading back down after visiting with several neighbors on top. I rested my leg while watching a little of the US Open Tennis until it was time to start supper. Helen came by for some of Nancy's chocolate mousse tarts she had made on Sunday to share with the office staff at the doctors office. They were real pleased with her choice of goodies to share with them and were most appreciative. We gave the rest to Helen as she has a real sweet tooth and we don't need them while she shared them with her brother Joe.

I picked some fresh Swiss chard and sauteed it in olive oil with fresh garlic cloves, wow is that one of my favorite dishes and it went well with wild rice and grilled salmon for supper. I watered the gardens after eating and then we had Ray Todd come by for a visit. Well the Rays won again tonight against the Jay's and hold on to a tie with the Yanks in first place. LATER

No comments: