Friday, August 27, 2010

Thursday

Well it was just the beginning of a beautiful when we awakened to the sound of dew dripping from the roof line and crows cawling in the distance. The leg is starting to feel a little better with much of the swelling reduced as well as the "hot to touch" and redness is gone as well. After a lite breakfast and our quiet times I waited for Nurse Nancy to administer the first of two shots into my "love handles" for the day. I think this has gone to her head as she now tells me she always wanted to be a nurse instead of just being a "candy striper" as she once was while in high school at one of the local hospitals.

The sun was delightful with temps in the low 60's and 70's most of the day. I sat around once again resting "the leg" with it propped up on a pillow. After a lite lunch neighbor Gerald came by up from Raleigh and visited a few and offered to assist me with any chores that needed completing, great neighbor. I started a new book about a couple who just took off for the Carribean on a 38 foot sailboat for over a year. Now that floats my boat as well!!!

Old friend D.J. who we knew from Florida and now a resident of Clemmons, N.C. came by for a couple hours and we just sat around a visited. His 3 beautiful daughters are all in high school and the oldest is graduating this year, where did that time go?? We have know D.J. and his lovely wife Jenny forever and they just up and made the move from our area in Florida to N.C. a couple years ago and totally love it.

Nancy made a pot of chili beans for supper along with some corn bread muffins and wow was that ever good eating. After supper I spotted a large black hornets nest in the tall pine tree next to the deck so that entertained me for awhile as I used it for target practice with my BB gun. I had bees flying everywhere but they couldn't figure out what was tearing into their nest. Hopefully I shot enough holes in it that the rain we had night will cause it to tear apart and they will move on.

Well its Friday morning as you have guessed cause we had visitors from Ray and Audine until nearly 10 PM so I must get really for my 9 AM doctors appointment for my blood check. LATER

No comments: