Saturday, August 21, 2010

Friday

Well the morning was another "cooker" with humidity so thick one could slice it with a knife. After our quiet time and oatmeal I headed outside to do some yard work; mowing, bush trimming and I even dug up the dirt pile around the big oak in front and sowed some Pensacola Bahia grass seed. Sometimes I think I'm just wasting my time in the front yard as this enormous oak tree just sucks up all the nutrients and of course everything dies except of course old weeds, Oh well!!

I should have lost 5 pounds of weight from all the sweating I did so I just took it easy the rest of the day. Amy came with Ava and Sam for lunch and we played hard. They hung around until it was time for naps, mine included. We just read and I found another great travel blog with tons of pictures so that kept me busy until it was time to head to Riverview.

We headed out about 5:30 and picked up neighbor Carol and Amy. The girls were having a black dress and heels baby shower for Jill at their neighborhood rec building while Bobby made and outstanding smoked sausage sandwich with tater tots and corn on the cob(shucks left on). Wow was that ever a good supper. We entertained Annsley. It was close to 10 or after before we headed back across the Bay. It was a fun evening for all and Baby Gabriel received lots of goodies. Thanks to all for making this a fun time for Jill as she is so ready to deliver him.

Well Saturday will be get ready to head out for N.C. early Sunday morning. Hope to once again reconnect with all of our "mountain family and friends" there for a couple weeks before heading to Florida for Gabriel's birth around the end of September. We will be away from this keyboard a day or so. LATER

No comments: