Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday

Well it was 60 degrees this morning(brrrrr) when we are use lows in the 80's and highs in the 90+ with heat index's in the 100's, 60 is nippy. It's 58 at 8 PM right now. What a beautiful day it was with a high of 77, bright sunshine and coolness in the shaded areas. The dew was so heavy this morning I wasn't able to mow until around 2 PM. After our quiet times Nancy made some great buckwheat pancakes with a banana in the batter. Man are they ever good and when your outside working they really stick to your ribs.

After breakfast I worked my blackberry must which had been cooking while we were in Florida. Hopefully it will turn out O.K. I did a little garden work while the grass was so wet from the dew and then weed whacked the property. Nancy was busy pulling weeds from her flower gardens, deadheading and thinning out some lilies that have gone wild. We didn't try to get a hike in today as walking up and down this property was enough exercise. My left calf muscle and ankle is still swollen so Nancy made an appointment with a doctor for me just to be safe in case I have a deep muscle blood clot. According to Wed MD I have several symptoms for that problem, Oh well. I've been icing it 2-3 times a day and it will not go down.

We fried up a yellow squash(home grown) and a green tomato for supper along with a wrap of cheese, tomato, cuke, onion, jalapeno and green olives. Yeow was that ever tasty. Well I can sure feel the muscles after walking up and down the yards today. Its amazing how quickly you can get out of shape. We sure missed seeing our little Ava and Samuel today. LATER

No comments: