Sunday, August 22, 2010

Saturday and Sunday

Well Saturday was another "cooker" and we both felt like a change was in order. After our quiet times and bowl of oatmeal I got down our luggage from the attic and we began to put the house in order so we could leave early on Sunday morning for the cabin. We pulled out at 4:30 AM after a sleepless night, actually I did sleep until 1:17 AM after turning out the light around 10, that's very unusual for me as I get so keyed up about traveling. Anyhow after packing and doing some honey do chores like spraying the outside window sills for bugs, the eves and the garage area I settled down to ice my swollen ankle. I'm not really sure why its so swollen as there is very little pain associated with the swelling, anyhow we headed over to Amy's for supper and to visit with the grand babies until about 7:30.

Sunday morning was in the 90's when we left for the cabin and it was a cool 80 when we arrived and its starting to cool down even further as I write. After unpacking I did a little garden evaluation and was able to gather a couple cukes and a few tomato's the deer missed. We sliced them up for supper and my were they tasty. Neighbor Gerald came by to say goodbye as he was heading back to Raleigh on his motor. We were pleasantly surprised and most thankful that he had mowed our yard for us this past week end. Our rain gauge showed 7 inches since last Monday, wow was that ever needed as its been a heat wave here as well as Florida.

Well I'm starting to crash especially since getting back from our hike to the top, we saw Sarah, Fred and Brenda on top and visited just briefly. The katydids and cicadas are so loud we almost have to close the window while talking. Well it sure feels good to be back in this beautiful piece of GOD'S creation and we just pinch ourselves to make sure this isn't a dream. LATER

No comments: