Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Monday

Once again its a typical Florida day with 90's and scattered thundershowers, I wonder why we pay these weathermen big bucks cause I'm just a country boy and I can predict the weather for here in the summertime, oh well. The day was boring for me as I'm still resting my calf muscle and icing it a couple times a day. I sure missed playing pickle ball with the gang on Monday and may try to get in a little play on Thursday. I'm heading to the rec to do a little workout on the upper body this afternoon along with Nancy as she has recovered from her thigh strain as well. Is this the first sign of growing old? I don't like it if it is cause I want to run, play and be active on my feet working.

Amy and the grand kids came for lunch and we had such a grand time playing with them. Sam is shooting up and just loves to smile. Ava is now in her make believe stage with her dollies and carries on conversations, so cute.After they left for afternoon naps I once again iced the calf and read, the muscle is feeling much better so far but I'm still on those anti-inflammatory pills and that's not my style.

Nancy made a big pot of spaghetti sauce for dinner as Amy and the kids were coming to eat with us as Tyler was off to the Ray's vs Texas at the Trop. Well what a game as they came from behind once again to defeat one of the better pitchers I've seen this year. This Clift Lee has walked only 9 batters all year, that's amazing anyhow we won the game in the 8th and I think we are tied once again for the lead in our division with the Yankee's.

Well not much else going on except I'm starting to catch up on some of the work that needs to be done at the cabin in my sleep. Wouldn't it be nice if it really worked that way; you dream about it and when you wake up its done. Can't wait to to once again smell that fresh never before breathed mountain air, smell those beautiful flowers, hear the songs of the birds and see all of our friends there, play games and eat too much. No wonder the hills are calling my name. LATER

2 comments:

farmrgurl said...

We are calling your name too!! Get up here so we can start whoopin' you boy's butts in some fierce games!

Jerry said...

well if I remember the last whuppin'happened to be to some gals..of course I don't want to rub it in..looking forward to seeing, eating and games