Friday, August 20, 2010

Thursday

Well things are looking a little better as Nancy's thigh is starting to heal and I can walk without pain in the calf muscle. Still not 100 % but hopefully will be in a few days especially since I've got mountains to hike, garden to hoe, trees to saw down and saw up(that sounds weird), yards to mow and weeds to pull if and when we get back to the cabin. Wow, life is so exciting there!!! After our quiet times and bowl of oatmeal we headed over to Nancy's folks to cut tree limbs that were encroaching on his back yard from a neighbors and trimmed hedges and bushes around their house. Couple hours later we are home with sweat soaked shirts but it felt good to be able to do some work for a change.

Amy came with Ava and Sam for lunch and stayed until around 2 when it was nap time for both the kids and me. Yikes I'm sure gonna miss those afternoon naps but with being active at the cabin maybe I will miss a few pounds that I've found around my waist and other parts. Oh well!!! We were having Nancy's folks(GG & Pap), Amy, Tyler and the kids for a dinner tonight of pork roast, Nathan dogs, smashed spuds and sauerkraut YUMMMM!! This is one of my all time favorite feeds.There were leftover cupcakes from house church last night so they cleaned them up as well for dessert. I haven't had dessert in days but still manage to have this spare tire, oh well!!!

After they all left for home I watched the Ray's and the A's until late as its a 10PM start for us because of playing in Oakland. Wow it was in the 50's there. I remember those days when I would teach tennis about 50 miles away in Fairfield, Ca and it would be in the 100's during the day and then head down to the Bay Area('Frisco and Oakland) and you would need a coat after dark. There is no a/c out there or at least back in the 60's. That was a long time ago..where did that time go?? Anyhow the Ray's lost a close one but we are just a game behind the Yank's our nemesis in the division.

Well today is yard work around here and tonight its over to visit son Bobby and his family in Riverview. Bob is making dinner and he and I will entertain Annsley while Jill is at a baby shower for Baby Gabriel along with Nancy, Amy and Carol from this side of the bay. LATER

No comments: