Saturday, July 19, 2008

Saturday is a Sleep in Morning, Picked a few Blackberries and Company is coming Tonight to Play Sequence

























Well it was another beautiful(every day is beautiful when you wake up) day. It was a little warmer this Am in the middle 60's. I thought I would write this early today as I want to sent some more pics from Friday's trip down the BRP, especially to Grandfather Mountain. I wanted to send more pics on that blog but am limited to 5 at a time until I can figure out how to by pass that number.
After my quiet time this morning I took off for the top of the mountain to pick wild blackberries. Nancy and I are going to make jelly on Monday morning. I picked a couple of yellow and zucchini squash as well as 2 colanders of lettuce. I have a cucumber about ready to be picked as well as my beans are 4-5 inches long. I noticed a couple of fungi(mushrooms) growing in and near the lower gardens. They are really very pretty yet very deadly if eaten. I figured out how to send more than 5 pics so here are some of the extras from yesterday. The Carol and Paul pic is the couple we met who overheard my story on a lady afraid to cross the Skyway Bridge. Some of the others are of Moses Cone, Grandfather Mountain and the Old Hampton Store. Enjoy! Later missing our family and especially Ava and Annsley.











No comments: