Friday, July 11, 2008

Foggy to start the day but Beautiful Sunshine Afterwards

We started the day with Nancy not feeling up to par but gradually got better as the day went along. Thank You, Lord. I managed to get a couple of loads of laundry out on the clothes line(after my quiet time) as the morning went from fog to sunshine. I checked on Nancy as she stayed close to the couch and cat napped all morning. Finally after lunch she started to feel a little better....

I sawed down several trees, cut them up for fire wood and piled the brush to be burned at a later time. I stirred up a nest of bumble bees and one stung me just below the right eye. Thats the first time in my life a bumble bee has stung me. I really thought their sting would be a lot worse than a small yellow jacket( I've been stung several times by them as well as wasp's) but it wasn't. Needless to say I took out several of them...

We both took the afternoon off as we read for a couple of hours. I'm reading an unbelievable good book about the U.S.Navy fighting the Japanese Navy in W.W.II called The Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors by James D. Hornfischer....

I took the golf cart out to the mail box and noticed that Ray Todd was scraping the road with a tractor and a box blade. There were several big rocks in the road so I took the time to remove them by hand...

Nancy and I finally finished the last of the left overs for supper; steak, black bean's and rice and fresh garden salad. I had picked and cleaned a large collander of lettuce earlier that morning after hanging the laundry. Yummm....

We took a long golf cart ride after cleaning up the dishes and went to visit Ray and Audine and their 3 puppies. We stayed for about an hour before riding on to the top of the mountain. There we visited another construction site where a house is being built on a straight down hill. After leaving there we stopped and talked to Jetta Browning(a year round resident) for a few moments then headed back along the ridge. We could see the fire ball sunset through the trees just before it went behind Bull Head Mountain. It was beautiful. We made it back just before dark and the temperature had already dropped to 68 degrees. Later, missing our families and grand babies Ava and Annsley.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Tell the truth. Nancy took sick because she misses me.