Friday, July 4, 2008

Annsley is here, 4th of July and a nice rain






First I must apologize for not updating yesterday's activities but by 10PM I was totally wiped out. I think the night before when Rook fell head over heels down the stairs at 3:45 AM kinda wiped out any"getting back to sleep" for the night....Thursday morning was a sleep in morning for Bob and Jill as Nancy and I entertained the 6 AM Annsley. First a walk around the gardens, a wagon ride, later a healthy breakfast and finally a play time on the floor. Helen was Annsley's first visitor in the mountains.


We all took a long hike to the top with Annsley napping on her daddy's back. After a little badminton, Bob and I played a couple games of chess(we each won one) and the time slipped up on us. We had thawed out a nice pork loin roast for dinner and Bob prepared a nice rub of fresh rosemary(refer to bobby triplett blog, its linked to mine) for the recipe. YUMMM was truly a mouth melter along with smashed spuds and fresh broccoli. It was after 8PM before we finished eating which was made even nicer by eating outside on the deck. Annsley was ready for bed so while Bob and I washed the dishes, Jill and Nancy got her ready for bed......


Friday morning came a little later as both Annsley and Rook slept in until 7:30 AM. We took her out side again for a smell of the flowers, a wagon ride and eventually breakfast while Jill and Bob slept in until 10 AM. I took Rook for a long hike to the top. I then picked some huckleberries(wild blue berries) and Nancy made some pancakes with some buckwheat flour and fresh picked berries for breakfast. We also had some smoked turkey bacon and eggs with the pancakes.YUMMM......


WE then took a trip to Thistle Meadow Winery where I purchased a corker, corks and yeast. Bob and I are planning on racking and bottling this 5 gallons of Merlot I made the end of May. After leaving there we came back to Sparta and walked the town visiting several store's before heading back to the cabin. At the last minute we decided to visit an old friend,Walt Hampton and his wife Theia before heading back. Annsley was missing her afternoon nap so she was a bit fussy. We got back to the cabin around 5 PM to a gentle rain which turned into a heavy downpour. WOW was that a nice rain with nearly and inch....


Dinner was put on hold as Bob and I tried to settle the chess match which eventually ended as a stalemate according to Bobby (and Annsley as she was demanding attention). I had 4 original pieces (Bob managed to get a second queen) and he had 3 pieces when it was decided it was time to cook the brats. So I guess its a stalemate....


We' re just chillin' this evening. Hope all had a Happy 4 th, missing our families an especially Ava.

No comments: