Thursday, December 22, 2011

Wednesday

Well it was another busy day with gorgeous winter weather for Florida; highs in the low 80's and low in the 60's, yikes is that ever nice. We spoke with Amy and the grand kids in Kansas and boy is it ever cold there with snow everywhere. The kids are having a grand time yet Amy attracted a cold. Nancy and I are finally getting over our coughing and head colds, I'm back to feeling almost 100%. I'm still only working out about an hour and a half on the pickle ball court daily.

The morning started with my usual fowl wake up; you know that rooster is missing Sam so much that he let Nancy pet him yesterday through the fence, he is over there where Sam usually pets him every time we go into the back yard. Who would have thought roosters make pets as he use to show signs of aggression when we came near the fence. After my quiet time and a bowl of oatmeal I headed out on my bike for the rec and pickle ball.

We had a small gang yesterday for pickle ball with only a couple players the first half hour but eventually ended up with 7 players before I headed out around 9 AM. I had a good workout and I still can feel the effects of the drain on my endurance from that cold. The play was grand with long rallies and some super points and I had a sweat in no time. The Christmas holidays have taken many players away and the rec will be closed next Monday. We usually lose 2 days of play because of the holidays but this year only the Monday after Christmas and the Monday after New Years.

After the rec I set sprinkler on the back garden while we got ready to head out to Nancy's folks. I cleaned out the gutters and she picked some navel oranges, they are the best eatin' oranges around. I'm been trying to eat at least one a day as well as a grapefruit thrown in as well a couple times a week. After leaving there we stopped at Aldi's for some items we need for our breakfast casserole on Christmas morning as we will entertain our son Bobby and family, the Botbyle's and Carole's mother, Jessie. It will be a little lite in attendance as Nancy's folks are always here as well. We usually don't have Bobby's family as its such a long drive for them but this year Jill's folks want them for dinner instead of breakfast so we will swap off, plus we will have our Christmas with them here that morning as well.

I headed over to Amy and Tyler's to water their garden and check on the house and all seems well. After those stops we came back for a fresh garden salad for lunch then we chilled the afternoon reading and catching up on some bill paying. We had some great news from our friends and fellow church goer's about the health of their about to be born baby girl. The doctors detected a heart ailment which would require immediate surgery to save her life after her birth. Well we started a prayer chain for little Kayla and when she entered this world the doctors were amazed she was well and this heart problem was gone. To GOD be the glory is all I can say and miracles do happen.

Well not much else is going on except we had one of our favorite vegetables for supper last night, fried eggplant garnished with all kinds of herbs, Yumm!! We made a meal of that only then took a walk in the hood afterwards, it was that nice out. LATER

No comments: