Friday, December 30, 2011

Thursday

Yikes it felt a little like winter this morning as it was in the low 40's and what a chilly ride on the bike as I pedalled out to the rec around 7:15. Anyhow it sure was good to be snugly with no humidity for a change and by the afternoon it had warmed up to the middle 60's with bright sunshine and blue skies.

The rooster was once again singing or crowing his heart out around 5'ish and later in the day Sam came by to play with him. He has an injured leg and now walks with a limp; I think I will name him Chester. He and Sam were buddies as they once again hooked up by the chain link fence. They are just to cute together; anyhow after the morning wake up and a spot of hot green tea I did my quiet time before having a bowl of cereal then heading out for around 2 hours of pickle ball. I'm gradually lengthening my playing time until next week when I can get back to a full 2 1/2 hour workout. We have been having some very good play with long rallies and our 2 new visitors from Chicago, Bill and Trish were back again. They are very good and nice players as well.

After pickle ball I stopped off and picked up a read from the library; one of Steig Larsson books. I've been wanting to read this trilogy for some time, while I'm usually not crazy about fiction everyone recommends this author especially now that he's dead at an early age. There is such a demand for his books from the library I will have to read them out of sequence, Oh well!! I will start with THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE. I'm presently reading a great book on Vietnam titled WHEN HEAVEN AND EARTH CHANGED PLACES. Interesting read and helps clarify the civil war within the country when the USA got involved.

Well it was good to have Amy and the kiddos back for lunch and some afternoon play outside. They love being outside and we played hard until it was time for their naps and mine. Nancy took off to the rec for her workout on the treadmill and I napped and read until it was time to start supper. I picked fresh beets from the garden along with enough 1/2 runner green beans and we sliced off the bone some smoked ham, once again another dewisheous meal. Nancy's sister Betsy came by and finished the leftovers on her way home from work. After the clean up it was FOX NEWS time then a little FSU football versus Notre Dame. The Seminoles won in a come from behind game and that help set the stage for some good college bowl games these next few days.

Well not much else is going except we spoke with our mountain mom; her son and his gal left the mountains to head back to Florida. They had a great time for nearly a week checking out all the excitement in Sparta; at least they had decent weather as last year they were snowed in most of the time they were there over Christmas. Nancy spoke to her mom in Michigan and nothing much has changed with her dad as he progressively get worse each day with the fluid build up. I made contact with a fellow ex-trooper on Face Book who I hadn't heard from since 1986. He left the patrol and joined the National Guard flying 'choppers and now is flying med evac's in Jacksonville, Florida. LATER

No comments: