Friday, December 9, 2011

Thursday

Well it was a memorable day for Paw Paw(dad) as he turned 84 today. He has the distinction of living the longest in our family. I called to give him birthday wishes and he was bowling with his other league members; wow I want to be able to do that when I'm his age.

The morning was cold ,brr for Floridians with temps in the low 40's and a stiff northern breeze, after my quiet time and usual bowl of oatmeal I headed out,yikes my eyes watered all the way to the rec while I rode my bike. We had a good turnout for pickle ball and the play was continuous for 2 plus hours. Afterwards I rode home against that cold strong wind and it quickly chilled me to the bone. Finally after lunch the wind died down and the bright sunshine began to warm things up until it reached the 60's. By evening it was calm and rather pleasant outside.

Nancy ran some errands and I chilled with a book after setting the sprinkler on the garden as it was too chilly to stand out there hand watering. I finished a great read about a couple from England who set off for the Amazon to explore. Interesting and it made me want to be there(except for the mosquito's), its titled OFF THE MAP by John Harrison. Amy and the kiddos went to the park to play with other classmates of Ava's and to have a picnic lunch so Nancy and I finished the veggie soup, wow was that ever good on a chilly day. She then made cupcakes to take to our annual domino party on Friday night. The kitchen smelled dewisheous and was rather toasty as well so much she opened the windows to cool the cakes so the icing wouldn't run off.

I caught up on some bills and correspondence while she walked the hood then we got ready for Amy and the kiddos coming for supper. Amy likes oven taters so I picked lots of fresh parsley and rosemary that are chopped up to make a coating on the taters that are coated first in olive oil, man that is some good etin' along with fresh Brussels sprouts in Dijon mustard and baked marinated chicken breasts, almost a chicken Kiev. After supper the kids and I played while the girls cleaned up then it was bath time and they were on their way home by 8 PM.

Nancy's dad came home from the hospital but it seems his health is deteriorating even more as he can no longer stand alone. Diane (sister in law) thought he has gone down hill even more since he came from from Florida about 2 weeks ago and her mom stated she knew she was unable to provide any care as well and did think she could maintain their Florida residence if and when they should be able to come back. Keep all of them in your thoughts and prayers.

Well not much else is going on except Tyler gets home this evening(Friday) from the D.C. area after being gone all week on job related business. He will be surprised at how much Sam's vocabulary has increased just this week, he is a little jabber mouth but oh so cute. LATER

No comments: