Saturday, December 24, 2011

Friday

Once again the temps were in the middle 60's as we started the day after a fowl wake up. That rooster is so missing Sam as he just sets by the fence waiting for someone to give him some attention. Whenever I water the gardens he just waits like a puppy dog for Sam to come by and play with him, that's so funny!! After my quiet time and a bowl of oatmeal with a banana I pedaled out to the rec for nearly 2 hours of pickle ball. Each day I've felt a little stronger so I've added a few moments to each workout and hopefully by next Tuesday when the rec re-opens I can get a full 2 1/2 hours of workout.

After pickle ball I stopped by the library for a couple reads and I just finished a good read titled I BEAT THE ODDS by the character who was the football player in the movie Blindside, Michael Oher. He has a remarkable story to tell before he was sort of adopted by a coach and his family at Ole Miss University. This should be a must read for all youths raised in the projects and for all folks on welfare; regardless of your skin color. He is one great example of personal responsibility and willingness to take charge of his life and not let his circumstances dictate his outcome. Great read especially for those youths who have been foster kids and who have a complete dysfunctional or lack thereof so called family. Many kudos to him!!!

I rode over to Amy and Tyler's to water their garden, pick a mess of green beans and and some lettuce. Their beans are doing very well and I need to get some bush bean seeds as all of a sudden my 1/2 runners aren't looking great. Must be something in the soil their lacking of course they are a northern bean and I'm trying to acclimate them to the hot south. That could be the reason all of the blooms are falling off.

We had a fresh garden salad for lunch and my oh my is that ever tasty; all of the ingredients are home grown except for the 'maters. After lunch we chilled reading, napping and talking on the phone to family and friends in the cool and cold north. Seems the Ross and Everett Families will have a white Christmas but the rest will just be cool and of course we will probably turn the a/c on as it supposed to be in the 80's here with bright sunshine and blue skies, oh well!!!

Nancy spoke with her dad and he is about the same health wise and still grumpy. They took him to the doctor as his blood sugar is out of whack again and his feet are swollen as well; but he is talking about eating which is his favorite thing to do so he is hanging in there for now. Keep him and the rest of the family in your prayers and thoughts.

Well Nancy and I want to wish the very best to our family and friends and may you know the peace and contentment that comes with knowing the "reason for the season" and that is GOD'S gift to us in the birth of a babe named JESUS. That is truly one gift you must accept for with it comes all kinds of blessings in many forms and one that allows or requires you to share this gift with others. May the peace and love that is a blessing be upon all of you, LATER

No comments: